Wednesday, February 10, 2010

thank you (emerge)


I wanted to take just a moment to say thank you to all of you emerge regulars out there...

In 2004 I was part of a team that helped bring the idea of worship venues to reality at Jersey. We launched our first remote venue in 2004.  It was a tremendous success.  In 2005 I was part of a team that helped create and implement our Emerge venue.  I can still remember the excitement and anticipation that surrounded the launch of that venue.  In the spring of 2006 I was asked to take the lead role in the Emerge venue along side Chris when our good friend Horace was called into new roles within our ministry.  And so the journey began…

The last four years leave me without words.  I simply don't have the vocabulary to express my heart of gratitude for the opportunity to lead and my appreciation for the incredible people that attend and have attended Emerge.  Thank you for the last four years.  Leading and serving you in Emerge has been unquestionably one of the best things I have ever done.  You all are truly incredible.  

I just want to say a final thank you to an incredible group of volunteers.  From our Welcome Team and Environments Team to our A/V Team...You all have been fantastic to work with over the last four years.  A huge thanks to our band.  You guys are phenomenal.  To all of our teams...you also need to know just how much Jersey appreciates you.  You don't hear it nearly as much as you should, but you are loved and valued more than you know.  How cool is it to know that you have all played a part in allowing God to touch hearts and change lives.

Finally, I want to thank three amazing and gifted worship leaders that I have been honored to serve alongside.  You guys are such a huge part of my life.  Serving with you in ministry will forever mark my life.  I hope I was able to invest in your life the way you invested in mine.  We watched God do some pretty awesome things together.  You guys are a true blessing.

Watching God move at Jersey and in Emerge has been beyond amazing.  We have worshipped our great God together and we have watched life change happen together.  I have no doubt that it will continue as Justin and Erik lead you moving forward.  Man, these guys are fantastic!  I am so excited to watch as God continues to move through their leadership.

Let me just say one more thing as I close this note...
Our worship should happen every day, not just Sunday's.  Our worship should be a full life response to who God is and What He has done in your life.  However, when you walk into Emerge on a Sunday morning to worship, remember the special gift that you have been given.  You have been given the gift of worshipping together with your friends, your family and those who love Jesus.  Not everyone on this earth can say that.  That is special.

Guys, we should want our worship to a blessing to God.  He has given us so much.  As you worship Him through what you say, sing, hear or give this Sunday...worship Him in such a way that it would be a blessing.  Can you imagine God watching our worship to Him and being pleased?  Can you imagine putting a smile on the face of God?

Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name. -Hebrews 13:15

Thank you so much!  I love you all. 
Brian

No comments: